Against all odds on a gridiron in South Bend, Indiana, Daniel “Rudy” Ruettiger in twenty seven seconds, carved his name into history books as perhaps the most famous graduate of the University of Notre Dame. The son of an oil refinery worker and third of 14 children, Rudy rose from valleys of discouragement and despair to the pinnacles of success. Today, he is one of the most popular motivational speakers in the United States. It took years of fierce determination to overcome obstacles and criticisms, yet Rudy achieved his first dream – to attend Notre Dame and play football for the Fighting Irish. As fans cheered RU-DY, RU-DY, he sacked the quarterback in the last 27 seconds of the only play in the only game of his college football career. He is the only player in the school’s history to be carried off the field on his teammates’ shoulders.
In 1993, TRISTAR Productions immortalized his life story with the blockbuster film, RUDY. Written and produced by Angelo Pizzo and David Anspaugh, the award-winning team who brought us HOOSIERS, the critically acclaimed RUDY received “Two Thumbs Up” from Siskel and Ebert and continues to inspire millions worldwide.
Today, a highly sought after motivational speaker, Rudy entertains international corporate audiences with a unique, passionate, and heartfelt style of communicating. He reaches school children, university students, and professional athletes with the same enthusiasm, portraying the human spirit that comes from his personal experiences of adversity and triumph. His captivating personality and powerful message of “YES I CAN” stays with his audiences forever. Rudy shares the speaking platform with great leaders and speakers including President George Bush, First Lady Barbara Bush, Peter Lowe, Joe Montana, General Colin Powell, Christopher Reeve, and Zig Ziglar. Rudy’s opening remarks receive thunderous applause and standing ovations from audiences of 200 to 20,000 people who emotionally chant RU-DY, RU-DY! A few of Rudy’s media appearances include: People Magazine, Sports Illustrated, US Magazine, Readers Digest, Inside Sports, The 700 Club, NFL Films, CBS Goodmorning, ABC Good Morning America, NBC Talk Live, Regis and Kathy Lee, Montel Williams Show, Entertainment Tonight.
Keynotes and Speaking Topics
- Yes I Can! Rudy will come to your organization and give his motivational presentation. Rudy’s message of overcoming obstacles and staying on track to reach your dreams will inspire your audience and bring them to their feet! Rudy’s presentation includes a video production that touches the spirit and impacts the audience with an overwhelming ‘Yes I can’ attitude.
Books and Articles
- Rudy’s Insights for Winning in Life
- Rudy’s Lessons for Young Champions
- Rudy & Friends
- Honorary Doctorate Degree from Our Lady of Holy Cross College
- The key to numerous cities across the nation along with special proclamations for his inspiration, commitment, and human spirit.
- Honorary assist to the Attorney General of Louisiana
- Distinguished American Award
- Recognition from ex-President – George W. Bush
- Recognition from the House of Representatives in the state of Texas
- Recognition at the White House
- A Proclamation from the Governor of Nevada granting an Official Rudy Award Day
- Inducted into the Speakers Hall of Fame
- ‘Having met Rudy and exchanging mutual philosophies, I find him to be an individual of exceptional character and broad goodwill. His resolve stands as a testament to the enduring belief that an individual can rise above extraordinary obstacles to achieve a positive result in this incredibly competitive world.’ – Sylvester Stallone
- “The reception that the players held for you after the speech was heart-warming and proved a real “hatsoff” to you for your efforts. The sincerity of your presentation was magnificient and your words made contact with the guys.” – Pittsburgh Penguins
- “I want to express my appreciation for the incredible presentation you gave to the Business Development department at the United Parcel Service. The likelihood of a repeat performance to other areas of our company has greatly increased because of the positive outcome. The investment in our people was well worth the monetary cost to UPS. It was great to hear the comments from our management team about how positively you affected their feelings about doing their personal best in their job as well as in their daily life.” – United Parcel Service, UPS
- “He had everybody’s eyes in total attention. It was amazing how a common man could grab everybody like that.” – American Red Cross
- ‘Out of this World!’ – Cape Canaveral Spaceport Symposium
- ‘Rudy’s presentation was a huge hit and helped make Monster.com’s Global Sales Conference a booming success!’ – Monster.com
- ‘Rudy has impacted millions of American lives by being an example of perseverance, determination, and diligence. He is a man that has shown strength of heart and amazing spirit in times that are not always kind. He has become an example of what people, young or old, can aspire to become.’ – Kenny C. Guin, Governor
- ‘Rudy gave a presentation to the Lakewood Police Department and the West Metro Fire Protection District. With his charismatic and down-to-earth style, Rudy has given many the motivation they need to try again, to believe, to succeed. He is a man who simply exudes a ‘never-quit’ attitude and indomitable spirit.’ – Gary R. Barbour Chief of Police
- ‘I am still hearing rave reviews from people who attended our event about how much they enjoyed hearing you speak. We have hosted many special events featuring extremely successful authors, entrepreneurs, and athletes, and all have been professional, entertaining, and memorable in their own way. But Rudy, I have to say, that none of them have connected with an audience quite the way you did!’ – Bruce A. Broadwater, Mayor
- ‘On behalf of the men and women of the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department, I again extend my heartfelt thanks and appreciation for you presentation at the Sheriff’s Lecture Series. You are one of the few who has a dream, lives it, and then lets everyone else know they can live their own.’ – Sheriff Jerry Keller