Meg Soper travels North America sharing powerful insights and strategies for being more effective in our personal and professional lives. Combining her experience as a Registered Nurse, with her unique blend of comedy, she shares inspirational stories to connect with her audience, break barriers, and help people ‘Shift Perspective’ to better deal with the challenges they face every day.
Meg invests the time to know her audience and the challenges they face. She has touched the lives of thousands by combining her remarkable sense of humour with a curiosity about people. Her ability to connect has made her one of the country’s leading motivational speakers.
Meg’s diverse content has been shaped by her experiences as a staff nurse and later as an operating room nurse in regional and major urban teaching hospitals. As a health care professional, Meg recognized the importance of humor, dealing with stress, effective communication, and teamwork in creating a positive workplace environment.
A highly sought after speaker at conventions and corporate functions throughout North America and internationally. She has shared the stage with many celebrities, including Ray Romano and Ellen Degeneres.
Meg is a co-author of the book, From the Stage to the Page…Life Lessons from Four Funny Ladies. She has appeared on the CBC, on the Women’s Television Network, and on Prime TV.
Television / Film / Radio
- Comedy College – CBC Television
- Funny Girls – Women’s Television Network
Keynotes and Speaking Topics
- Wit, Fit, and Balance…Strategies for Success – Meg Soper’s twist on life provides her motivational life balance presentation with a perspective only a stand up comic could possibly deliver. This presentation takes you through the stresses of everyday life and sheds a humorous light on it. Whether you are faced with stress in the workplace or the inevitable obstacles of daily living, Meg offers a refreshing perspective. You will leave in stitches, armed with a number of strategies to enhance your life experience and maintain a sense of balance. This stand-up presentation proves you can find levity in any life situation. Whether you’re facing the perils of middle age or juggling a career and family, Meg will help you find a laugh along the way. Run some of Meg’s pithy, stress-relieving ideas up the flagpole and learn to embrace her philosophy that “life is too short to stuff a mushroom”. You will leave feeling enlightened, energized and entertained.
- Get Connected and Stay Plugged In – This light-hearted interactive presentation focuses on effective communication, conflict management and dealing with difficult people. Develop strategies to enhance relationships on both a personal and professional level. Through laughter and interactive energy, people will come away with a better understanding of each other’s challenges and unique qualities. You will leave armed with practical strategies geared towards a healthier, happier and more productive workplace environment.
Stage Appearances With
- Ellen De Generes
- Ray Romano
- “We hired Meg because we were looking for someone to get the delegates ‘charged up, pumped up, and motivated’ at the beginning of the conference. You were excellent!” – B.C. Operating Room Nurses Conference
- “Meg Soper is the remedy for any ill you may have. People were telling me after the luncheon how busy and hectic their days, even weeks, had become, but after being lifted by Meg’s fabulous performance, they actually felt like smiling and enjoying the day. What impressed us the most was the way she pitched in and helped at every opportunity, mingled with guests, and made everyone feel ‘at home.’ I cannot recommend her highly enough to anyone looking for a guest speaker. She is funny, smart, and she cares! She makes people laugh — not just polite smiles — but wonderful big bursts of laughter! Thank you, Meg Soper, for making me look good!”
- “Meg was a huge success. Everyone wants her back for next year!” – Advertising Director Sun-Times newspaper