Judy is a comedian, motivational speaker, radio host, Second City stand up coach and author. She has been the opening act for many celebrities including; Jon Stewart, Lewis Black, Robert Klein and Joan Rivers.
Her specials have appeared on NBC, CBS, CTV and The Comedy Network. She is a co-author of ‘From the Stage to the Page: Life Lessons from Four Funny Ladies!” Judy draws from her standup performance experience to entertain, inform and inspire in her dynamic keynote entitled, ‘Relieving Work Related Stress with Humour’.
Television / Film / Radio
- Friday Night – NBC
- 48 Hours – CBS
- Comedy on the Road – A&E
- Comics – CBC
- Comedy Now – The Comedy Network
- Uncensored – Laugh Attack – XM Satellite Radio
- The Humble Howard Show – Mix 999 Toronto
Notable Live Appearances
- Just For Laughs – Montreal
- Molson’s Comedy Festival – Toronto
- Toyota International Festival – New York
Title of topic:
‘Relieving Work Related Stress with Humour’ keynote
Overview of presentation:
Stress is a major cause of most illnesses, and humour is an amazing way to relieve it. Harvard studies show that when you are stressed, your brain shrinks. However, when you laugh, you relax; and when you relax, you learn. This hilarious and inspirational session explores seven stress-relieving ingredients: a positive attitude, perseverance, forgiveness, teamwork, family and friends, mental activity and physical activity.
- How to cope with information overload
- How to appreciate the incredible medical benefits of humour
- Discover how happiness is a mindset
- Increase your chances of surviving a heart attack by five times and increase your lifespan and quality of life by laughing
- Increase your brain’s reasoning and decision-making
- Learn the surprising key to motivation and the most important gift you can give your child.
- “I can’t remember the last time I laughed so hard. People were stopping me in the halls at work for the next week to tell me how much they enjoyed the show.” – Motorola Canada
- “Your professionalism and master of ceremony skills ensured that guests remained informed, and always entertained. We received many compliments on the evening, one being that it was “one of the most fun black-tie events ever attended” and your comedic talent definitely contributed to this success. With your help, we were able to raise more than $90,000.” – Humewood House ‘Let’s Play Charity Gala’ Liberty Grand, Toronto
- “Thank you for tailoring your material to suit our audience. Your act was smart, clean and extremely entertaining. We feel very lucky to have selected you as our entertainment.” – Starbucks Coffee Company CREW Foundation San Francisco , CA
- “Judy hosted our awards ceremony at the Granite Club with humour and worked our group of 200 people with charm. Our teams connected with the presentation more this year because she spoke with the crowd, involved them and made the evening enjoyable for everyone.” – Altima Dental Canada
- “Your humour was much appreciated by our construction crowd- even those you singled out were flattered. It’s wonderful to know that clean humour can be hilarious-you made it so.” – Kingston Construction Association
- “Everyone thoroughly enjoyed themselves and I’ve received many compliments on our choice of comedian. Thank you so much for entertaining us at our company New Year party.” – Investors Group
- “Your comedy was a breath of fresh air and your ” Dealing with Hecklers in the Workplace” workshop armed us with some terrific tips for the front lines.” – Ontario Secondary School Teachers Federation
- “Your presence at our event was amazing. All the feedback we’ve received has to do with sore faces and sides from all the laughing that occurred at our luncheon.” – Small Business Club Niagara Inc.
- It was great to have you keep everyone in stitches without being vulgar or off color. Not only were my 18 year old staff members enjoying it but so were my 60 plus year old customers.” – Finan Electric